Thursday, December 1, 2011

London 2



Nov 30 took a walk to a nearby town. Worked from home. Walked around Oxford Circus which is all festively decorated. It' like a mini 'Big Scramble' in Shibuya, plenty of shops and lots of people. Went to Japanese with my host. The teacher was good, she have us strict correction, which I'm not user too. We studied transitive/intransitive verbs and the volitational form. I studied that last fall but have forgotten it all in the meantime.


Dec 1st rainy London weather. Decided to take the bus which doesn't go into town at this time but it still takes 20 minutes, definitely better just to walk, but I'm still experimenting. Most people dont use umbrellas, not even rain jackets. Second lesson I already learned today and it's not even 9:30am - don't take the train to London Bridge During rush hour to changing to Charing X. It' like the Hibiya line in Tokyo at 8am. Walking to the office from Charing X Loving the old buildings, red buses, cabs, so many musicals, Shrek, Mathilda, Legally Blond. Got a little distracted and lost. No harm done.
Work was good we had a department meeting, which was nice to give me an overview of everyone's work. I'm really not cut out for an 8 hour office job, nor a long commute but I feel privileged to live in one of the undoubtedly best cities in the world for 2 months working with amazing people. It's only been 4 days, but I miss my peaceful Noting hill of Tokyo, the streets are all crowded and people don't know how to mind umbrellas even though far fewer ppl use them. Happy that I am staying a bit outside the city, might limit mu days in the office to 4. Must not stick out too much, I was asked for directions. Got to Charing X which was a madhouse the trains were all delayed, luckily the fast train to Orpington came right away but is now delayed because of signaling problems between Charing X and London Bridge. Cozy evening at home: laundry, bath, Glee and studying Japanese.

The Royal Courts of Justice


No comments:

Post a Comment