Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8th 2010 ... Quarter Century and Happy Birthday Buddha

The day in reverse order, perfect end to a perfect day
Ebisu Yokocho for drinks and singing in good company


Sankeien Garden in Yokohama with Nathalie, Simon and Co.




















Chidori ga Fuji
In the am I went to the Yasukuni Shrine and around the Budokan, following one of my student's recommendations. It was absolutely beautiful!







I probably had one of the most relaxing birthdays I've ever had! Masa and I opened presents and cards at midnight Thank you! Unfortunately Masa had to work. I got up at 10am, had a leisurely breakfast and went to the Yasukuni Temple and Chidori ga Fuji, the moat around the Budokan (arena), it was exquisite! You can rent little boats, so that is what we will do next year. Then I went to the Swiss Residence for lunch with Nathalie & Simon and family, the three of us went to Yokohama to the Sankeien Park with Simon's sister and bf. Unfortunately we only had an hour at the park but it was gorgeous! Masa took me to a really nice Italian restaurant and ordered a special chocolate birthday cake, so sweet. We went to this traditional Japanese little indoor alley, Ebisu Yokocho, and had some plum wine. A guy came around playing the guitar and we sang Beatles etc. with him. Much better than normal Karaoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment